Thursday, July 17, 2008

oh illustration,

This is my final work using illustrator. Once again, i would want to clearly state that my symbol is about the melting of the ice/glaciers.





step 1

The first thing i did was to copy a template of my original sketch and put it into the illustrator file. This way, it would be easier for me to draw my symbol.



step 2



Next, i use the pen tool to draw the outline for the fire. Its really tough honestly but i kind of got used to it after that.





step 3

After im done with the fire, i use the eclipse tool to draw the round part of the symbol which represents the ice/glacier. I also used the pen tool to draw the cracks and the water droplet.





step 4

Once im done with drawing the outlines, i start using the gradient tool to colour in the fire. I changed the colour on the gradient swatches based on the colours i needed.



step 5


After that, i used the gradient tool again to colour in the ice part and the droplets. Besides that i also used strokes for the outlines.



final artwork

and tadaaaaaaa! a masterpiece was created! LOL!
toodles.
<3>

No comments: